Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive sales and events! http://eepurl.com/c2rOxn

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Steve Jobs

I picked up a book the other day "The wisdom of Steve Jobs", it's a short read, like 110 pages, full of quotes from him over the years. I enjoyed reading it and a lot of the quotes in the book pertained to being an entrepreneur, here's my favorite: "I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance. It is so hard. You put so much of your life into this thing. There are such rough moments in time that I think most people give up. I don't blame them. It's really tough and it consumes your life. If you've got a family and you're in the early days of a company, I can't imagine how one could do it. I'm sure its been done, but its rough. Its pretty much an 18 hour day job, seven days a week for awhile. Unless you have a lot of passion about this, you're not going to survive" I think this is true. I know I have seen a lot of brand new companies at the Farmers Market come and go through the years, folks have this perception that it's going to be so easy and nothing could be further from the truth. So to those of you who have made the commitment and made it through, I salute you! Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment