Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive sales and events! http://eepurl.com/c2rOxn

Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy 2014 and other musings

So Happy new year! I hope the new year is off to a good start for you! The holidays were super busy for me, as they are every year, I am STILL trying to catch up, but I am getting there. In the midst of all the craziness I was cutting 80# of soap and heard "ping" and only one thing that I know of makes that noise: the wire on my cutter snapping! So the last time I had it re-strung, no one around here would touch it, it's very daunting, and so I sent it back to Michigan where it was handmade to the tune of $30 for shipping! I looked at the site where I bought it and they no longer make that model, too hard to re-string! (it uses a long piece of guitar or piano wire). So my husband was asking how long I'd had that one and I said better than 10 years, and he said I was due a new one anyhow, so it's on order! The one I was going to get is called "the Tank" and almost $300, but I decided to see how hard it was to re-wire, not bad, although I found another that's even easier and is handmade like the original, we love handmade as you know! So until it comes, I hope you guys appreciate uneven soap slices, cutting them bar by bar is NOT my idea of fun! Here's the new one
I had been getting a lot of requests to make the Winter Dreams holiday soap a year round soap, so I did that for you, it's renamed Hoopla, here's the new label, isn't it pretty?
A new year always brings bright new possibilities. My focus for the new year is "Balance and streamlining" and so to that end I'll be only doing 10 feet of table rather than 12 feet most of the time, and I have discontinued the Mini's. Trying to mostly focus on the core products. As always I am going to try to make more time for fun stuff, you know, movies, books, general goofing off! I am going to really try to do a post every week too, we'll see how THAT goes! So, I hope you have a wonderful year, may you achieve all your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment