Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive sales and events! http://eepurl.com/c2rOxn

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Farmers Markets

I met alot of you through the Markets. When I started doing them back in 2000 I never dreamed of all the wonderful things that would become reality through working the Farmers Market. I think it's has been a really valuable tool for a new business, you get immediate (and very honest!) feedback about your products, your choice of packaging and everything else that goes with it! I have seen a lot of folks come and go in that time, and a lot of very successful businesses take off from that place as well. I have made a lot of friends through the years, customers and vendors alike. I have been working at many of them for years, so it's always fun to go, you get to hang out with your favorite people all day. We've all shared parts of our lives, buying houses, having grand kids (not me!), watching our kids grow up, just a slice of life. So on my Market days, I really look forward to going. It's cool that I get to make a living this way too, although there can be slow days or busy days. A friend of mine once said "it's either chicken or feathers" and that's right. We'll be doing 4 Farmers Markets this summer: Concord on Tuesdays, Kaiser Vallejo Fridays, Pleasanton on Saturday and Martinez on Sundays. Martinez is only seasonal so it's always fun the first few, I get to catch up with folks I haven't seen in a while! I am so grateful to have found the Markets and meet so many of you.
Off to Concord, hope to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment