Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive sales and events! http://eepurl.com/c2rOxn

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Market Managers

As a customer at he Farmers Market, you may not even be aware that there IS a manager unless there's some sort of problem, lost keys, can't find a certain vendor, things like that. But I have to tell you I have a great deal of respect for the job they do. In addition to having to know all the rules about "ag" (agriculture, things grown) and "non-ag" (hot food/soap/bread etc, things consumed/used up) they have to enforce all the rules, which isn't always easy. It never ceases to amaze me that even though there are signs posted, we STILL get folks bringing in their dogs, it's a health code violation, but I've seen the people with the critters get nasty with the managers who are just trying to follow the rules. Without the managers, it would be anarchy! They also have to deal with the city/sponsors, there's a lot of things like that done for the benefit of the Market that we don't even see. I think the hardest part, must be, having to deal with all the personalities of the vendors/producers. For the most part, we are good little monkeys, but now and then you 'll get someone that's just a prima donna and very difficult to work with.
I have worked with (and still do!) some really great managers, just top notch (you know who you are) and in addition to keeping the order are just fantastic people too. This doesn't even scratch the surface of all the things required by their jobs, believe me, it's a lot of responibility and they take it very seriously.
So, when you see a Market Manager, thank them for all their hard work, the Markets wouldn't be the same without them. And as for me, I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment