Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive sales and events! http://eepurl.com/c2rOxn

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Creature Comforts

Here are a few things to think about to make your day at your Farmers Market or event a little easier: Water, always make sure to drink enough! What we do in the summer is fill a bottle half-way up and freeze it, then add water the day of the event and you'll have nice cold water as the ice melts! A rubber matt, these are great for your joints, you can get them just about anywhere and it does make standing on that hard cement a little easier. Layers - dress in layers so you can take off as you need to. I always have a jacket and a hair clip in my car too, doesn't hurt to be prepared! Snack/lunch - Bring something to munch on, preferably something that's easy to eat between customers. Do make sure you bring something rather than leaving your table to go get something. I have seen people leave their table for the 20 minutes it takes and they lose sales during that time. Sometimes you'll be lucky and get a neighbor who will make the sale for you, but I feel like they are there for THEIR customers, and rightly so. So if you leave your table you risk losing sales, and that is why you're there after all! Comfy Shoes - I'm a big believer in that, when I"m home I almost never have shoes on! So when I do have to wear shoes they are mostly Birkenstocks, I can wear them for hours on end and they never give me any problems. Hat and Scarf- These also live in the car, you never know when you'll need them! I'm sure there are a ton of other things you can do to make yourself a little more comfortable while you're at Market, but that will get you started. That's Murray BTW getting comfortable on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment