Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive sales and events! http://eepurl.com/c2rOxn

Saturday, October 15, 2011

eBay

There was some talk this morning on one of the forums I frequent, about eBay. I said there's a reason it's called "Fee-Bay"! If you have something that isn't hand-made, one of a kind, I think you can do OK there. It's a buyers paradise. However, selling handmade is a bit trickier, folks are looking for a deal there of course and unless you are willing to give your product away, it doesn't always make sense to go that route.
They do however, have some pretty cool sales reports there. I liked that about it and that they are very visable, who doesn't know what eBay is? For some of the venues I work with, even Artfire, which is getting there, folks have no idea what it is. Hard to make sales if they have no idea where you're selling.
So I guess it's a matter fo where you can be the most active really, saving money in not spending the fees is sort of a waste if you could be getting exposure and sales elsewhere, even if you do have a bit more in fees. I really can see both sides of the fence on this one. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment