Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive sales and events! http://eepurl.com/c2rOxn

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Granola

I don't know if you guys are big on granola, but I have a couple of favorites to tell you about. One is from Lafayette Loree and is available at the Walnut Creek Farmers Market (Sunday, on Locust behind Target) and Diablo Foods, very yummy, and the second os the one I just discovered, from Way To Life and they are based in Antioch, like us!
If you are a label reader, and I urge you to become one if you aren't already, you will see exactly what's in the food you are nourishing your body with, you really NEED to know that! So right now I just enjoyed a bowl of Gourmet Cocoa Granola from Way To Life and here are the ingredients: organic rolled Oats, steel-cut oats (more of the natural oat, processed less),sunflower seeds, organic flax seed meal, sesame seeds, coconut, organic agave syrup, cocoa powder, brown rice crisp, canola oil, vanilla extract. I love that there's not an artficial thing in there, and I also love that the crunchy bits are a nice size, not like you're trying to eat a golf ball! They are at several area Farmers Markets, I usually see them at Antioch Kaiser on Thursdays and Kaiser Vallejo on Fridays. Here's a number in case you want to find out where else you can get their fabulous product 510-517-4244. The website is www.thegranolagarden.com
Whatever you eat, try to get a peek at the label, it's important to your health! (not to say I don't indulge in less than healthy now and then, but I do make the effort to eat right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment