Newsletter

Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive sales and events! http://eepurl.com/c2rOxn

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August




Just dollars rather than Hundred dollar bills, August is always my worst month (after January of course) for sales. Folks are taking the last vacations before school starts, and then they come back and have to get school supplies/clothes etc. I always know its coming but somehow always hope it's better. I am not sure how it is for the rest of the retail world. So what happens is that I miss a lot of my "regulars" which brings me to the point: the 80/20 proncipal. Ever hear of it? In this case, it's 80% of my business comes from 20% of my customers, and I do belive it! When they are missing you definately feel it. The proncipal applies to all sorts of things, I thought it was fascinating the first time I heard of it.
So those of you that make your living this way, hang in there, the month is halfway done! "Awful August" will be done before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment